[Sca-cooks] Meat Jerky

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Jul 4 21:52:22 PDT 2010

To the best of my knowledge, dried and smoked meats pre-date the Jews.
Drying meats and cooking begin in the Middle Paleolithic between 30,000 and
300,00 yers ago.  There is some evidence to suggest that the practice is at
least 110,000 years old.  The Jewish people trace their roots to the
Biblical patriarchs about 4,000 years ago with Judaism becoming established
within the millenia following.  I don't think one can blame the Jews for
jerky.

Bear