[Sca-cooks] Macarons

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Jul 19 11:45:45 PDT 2010

The differentiation between macaron and macaroon is trhe first is French and
the second is English.  Both words can be used as general terms for any of
the various styles of macaroon.  The association of macaroon with the
coconut variety is that it is the more common commercial form of the
macaroon in the U.S.  BTW, you most often see them referred to as "coconut
macaroons."  The coconut macaroon is also called a "congolais" in France.

Bear