[Sca-cooks] pomegranates was Making verjus

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 08:27:50 PDT 2010

No, actually they show up in December here, and, as I said, I get the seeds
out as soon as I purchase them and freeze them for use at the end of
February...they work really well that way.

Kiri

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Kiri's February poms must be shipped from the Southern Hemisphere.  I've
> never seen them that time of year here. They are a strictly late
> summer/early fall product.  I do love them so and the whole seeds are like
> garnets.  But in March we must use bottled juice for the Fesanjan and no
> pretty pretty seeds.  :-(
>
> Maybe I should give small strings of actual garnets as a table prize?  On
> my own expense of course.
>
> Cheers,
> Selene
>

> Nancy Kiel wrote:
>
>> The Trader Joe's in my area carries pomegranate seeds.
>>
>> Nancy Kiel
>> nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
>> Never tease a weasel!
>> This is very good advice.
>> For the weasel will not like it
>> And teasing isn't nice.
>>

>>> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:34:13 -0400
>>> From: kiridono at gmail.com
>>> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
>>> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Making verjus
>>>
>>> Selene,
>>> I use pomegranates at the end of February...so what I did this past year
>>> was
>>> to buy them when they were in season, seed them and freeze the seeds in
>>> airtight bags (used my sealing machine).  Worked like a charm!
>>>
>>> Kiri

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince