[Sca-cooks] Meat Jerky

drakey at internode.on.net drakey at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 4 23:03:54 PDT 2010

 There's a Yuan Chinese Recipe (it's in A Soup for the Qan) for Drief
Beef... I served it as part of a Mongol Feast at Rowany festival this
year and it was well received... The Tsaoko Cardamon in it gives it a
pronounced smokey note...

 Drakey.

 On Mon 05/07/10 2:22 PM , "Terry Decker" t.d.decker at att.net sent:
 To the best of my knowledge, dried and smoked meats pre-date the
Jews.
 Drying meats and cooking begin in the Middle Paleolithic between
30,000 and
 300,00 yers ago. There is some evidence to suggest that the practice
is at
 least 110,000 years old. The Jewish people trace their roots to the
 Biblical patriarchs about 4,000 years ago with Judaism becoming
established
 within the millenia following. I don't think one can blame the Jews
for
 jerky.

 Bear