[Sca-cooks] SC - Toasting salamander/Neapolitan Collection

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Mon Jul 26 06:50:24 PDT 2010

The one of the water marks on the paper from the Neapolitan Collection
(which I usually refer to as Buhler 19) seems to indicate that this specific
manuscript can NOT be from a time earlier than the 1490's. IIRC the
watermark did not exist until 1493 or there abouts.

Scully seems to be referring to when the core manuscript might have been
written rather than when that specific manuscript was written.

This claim also supports his theory that the Neapolitan collection is the
source manuscript and Martino (and then Platina) were the copiers. So far I
have seen little evidence to support this theory.

Eduardo