[Sca-cooks] Pesce-Vegetarians -sometimes called Pescetarians

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 10:19:13 PDT 2010

 A rare moment to sit in front of the computer.
Vegetarianism is a on going debate in our home and is a side thread I am exploring.
I found a reference to Pesce-Vegetarians also known as Pescetarians. This can be traced back to the Middle Ages. But, I haven't found any more than that.
Bless Bless
Aelina

I find this so surprising! There are so many Lenten dishes in medievalEuropean manuscripts and the Muslim and Hindu manuscripts I have seen arefull of vegetarian dishes. Many Lenten dishes include fish, but many don't.Is it that you can't find vegetarian dishes at all, or you can't find anythat seem appealing?Madhavi