[Sca-cooks] Insulin Resistance Diet

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 07:13:23 PDT 2010

Kiri, I agree.  I have tried them all with varying degrees of success.  I
had great success on Nutri System and Jenny Craig only to gain it all back
plus when I went to "maintenance" - okay perhaps leaving Nutri System and
heading straight to the first Gulf War might have had something to do with
the failure to maintain that time but who knows!  Weight Watchers worked
very well for me and I only gained it back once I stopped following the
maintenance plan.  that will happen with any controlled eating plan.

My mother will swear by cutting fat but it doesn't work for her so I don't
know why she keeps insisting that it does.  Her body creates it's own
cholesterol and nothing she does will bring it down - I can't imagine eating
fat free anything and the fact that she "claims" it tastes good or just as
good as the "real" thing doesn't fly with me!

I have no experience with diabetic diets - I am grateful that my gestational
diabetes testing came back negative.  I know people who are having great
success by eating whole foods, cut out refined sugars and refined flours.

Whatever works!

Shoshana
(who might actually get her named passed!  Thank you St. Gabriel)