[Sca-cooks] Goat Cheese (Warning: Long)

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Sat Jun 5 11:23:54 PDT 2010

> Hello Katherine
>

> << I didn't see anything that made me think 'if' in the language, but is
> it a
> period nuance of besunder?  Or is it a bit of modernization? >>
>
> I added the "if" to make clear what is meant. By "ungeronene" a necessary
> condition of the milk is mentioned, in order to be healthy.

How did you understand that this part was conditional and not descriptive
of the milk itself (in light of the discussion that goat's milk doesn't
immediately separate)?

> << I also figured out after this that
> comparing the 1512 version and 1518 version is helpful. >>
>
> Yes, that is often helpful. As far as I can see these editions are online:
> -- German 1483 (Darmstadt library, Munich library)
> -- German 1495 (Munich)
> -- German 1512 (Munich)
> -- German 1518 (Munich)
> -- German 1531
> -- Latin 1471 (Munich)
> -- Latin 1488-83 (Heidelberg)
> -- Latin 1486 (Wolfenbuettel)
> -- Latin 1490-95 (Wolfenbuettel)
> -- Latin 1538 (Tours, BVH)

It seems like there is a gold mine of information in these, but maybe
someone has already done some work?  I haven't really checked :)