[Sca-cooks] Raw Milk

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:43:47 PDT 2010

I'm guessing if you google "raw milk" you will find as many proponents as
opponents.  It is still illegal to sell raw milk in a number of states.  The
way around this is that farmers sell "shares" of a cow - that way you "own"
a share and are therefore entitled to get raw milk for your own consumption.

I would still caution people from sharing their bounty with others without
checking with their local/state/federal laws.  I know we are well
intentioned people but I'd hate to see someone caught up in a legal problem
about this.  I know there are limiting factors (like allowing the cheese to
cure for a set number of days, etc.) but sadly there are also some horror
stories out there.

This will probably spark a rather heated debate regarding the benefits and
risks associated with raw milk but I'd rather people be protected.
Shoshanna