[Sca-cooks] Medieval Food Traditions in Northern Europe

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jun 14 17:33:33 PDT 2010

Back in early May we discussed this book

SABINE KARG (ed.). Medieval food traditions in Northern Europe
(Publications from the National Museum, Studies in Archaeology and
History 12). Copenhagen: National Museum of Denmark, 2007.

I have interlibrary loaned it, so I've seen the actual volume.
The one thing the volume provides is lists of plant names in Latin,
English,
and then by country. So there are plants listed there as found in
settlements from Finland, Norway, Denmark, etc. If you are interested
in which plants were found where, this is the book.
Purchase or not?
I would think it would be worthwhile interlibrary loaning before
trying to order it so you can see it and make your own decision about
how useful it is to you.

What we have found out so far is that it's very expensive to order and
shipping is almost as much as the book. We haven't found a vendor at a
reasonable price.

Johnnae