[Sca-cooks] This summer's Peaches, was: Non-SCA food passions?

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 13:26:15 PDT 2010

I had the good fortune to buy some peaches grown in Peach County, GA, about
a hundred miles south of Atlanta.  (While we are "The Peach State", SC far
out-produces us these days.)  I filled a bag from the "Scratch and Dent"
box, and came home with some drippy-ripe beauties.  I peeled and chunked
them, and made a cobbler with some, including some Butter Shots
(butterscotch schnapps) added while the chunks were cooking down. I didn't
need any additional sugar, and it was extremely yummy.

I then created a wonderful Peach Curry sauce with the juice and chunks of
the peaches, the water and meat from a fresh young coconut, some salt and
curry powder.  I blended it to make a smooth, thick sauce.  OMG - it was
soooo delicious.  I ate a lot of it right from a spoon, then decided I
should really make something for it to go ON, so I made some white basmati
rice and ate a bunch more of it just like that.  I eventually made one dish
with some fresh vegetables cooked into the sauce, served over the rice, then
topped with some fresh tomato chunks.  Mmmmmmm... sooo tasty!

I'm loving having the fresh and local peach guys come to the farmer's market
a mile from my house, and I'm going to buy them every week until they're
played out.  Seasonal eating is the BEST!
:)
Christianna