[Sca-cooks] Eat Local Challenge

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 01:02:31 PDT 2010

Madhavi commented:
<<< My current SCA food passion is the Nimatnama of the Sultan of Mandu. I'm
doing a high-auth feast from that manuscript in September for Trimarian 25th
year and have been testing recipes for *months*.>>>

Please post your menu, recipes and comments on this feast when you've done it.

<<< There's not much flint corn and
little grain grown in Florida but I'm still looking. >>>

Why "flint" corn specifically? What is "flint" corn?

<<< I'm also obsessed with
Korean food and still trying to produce a palatable kimchi.>>>

Ah, getting into oxymorons I see. Sorta like "giant shrimp". :-)

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com