[Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 20:31:32 PDT 2010

On Jun 18, 2010, at 8:28 PM, Honour Horne-Jaruk wrote:

> Otherwise, it's figuring out how to make a halfway tolerable dairy-free white sauce. So far, I've got one that tastes food-like when mixed half-and-half with mayonnaise: but then, I suspect Louisiana gulf water might taste food-like under the same conditions...

Somewhere... I think it's in multiple sources, but I suspect Taillevent might be the more comprehensive of them... there is a recipe for leeks in a thick almond milk that is surprisingly like the typical creamed onions that turn up on American tables on chilly holidays...

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter