[Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 17:28:32 PDT 2010

Respected friends:

> On Behalf
> Of Michael Gunter
> Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:15 PM
> To: Cooks within the SCA
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

> So, what is your current foodie passion? SCA or otherwise?

> Gunthar
Well, in the SCA, it's preserved foods to take to events. ("But, Mommie, all my friends do it!")
Otherwise, it's figuring out how to make a halfway tolerable dairy-free white sauce. So far, I've got one that tastes food-like when mixed half-and-half with mayonnaise: but then, I suspect Louisiana gulf water might taste food-like under the same conditions...
Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS