[Sca-cooks] Coronation feast

Antonia Calvo dama.antonia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 21:52:18 PDT 2010

Sharon Palmer wrote:
> A friend is bidding for Midrealm Coronation feast in the fall. I'd
> like to make some suggestions about the menu.  What makes a Coronation
> feast different from other feasts? What would you suggest?

Hmmm... I'm not sure.  I've only cooked one Coronation feast and
assisted with one other.  The one I was cooking myself was... well, it
was a good meal of three courses for about 160 attendees, done
completely from 16th-century German sources, principally Rumpolt.  But
it wasn't really all that remarkable, in the sense that I try to have
the same regard for taste, presentation, authenticity, etc in all my
feasts.

Here's what we served:
http://cunnan.sca.org.au/wiki/Gut_und_wohl_geschmack

Oh, and I burned my foot and had it treated by two Laurels.  That was
different from other feasts. I don't think you should do that, though.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?