[Sca-cooks] siege cooking ingredient ideas sought

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 09:26:13 PDT 2010

Respected friends:
     Once again, I prepare for Maison Rive's annual Pennsic siege cooking contest. This year, in addition to the usual request for judges and participants, I've finally realized I need to pick your collective brains...
     Where-and when-ever your persona/specialty/cookbook collection is from, what would you give out for the ten items provided in a siege cooking ingredient bag? (The contestants provide salt and herbs/spices.)
I've always included a protein, a fat, a starch, a sweet, a sour, a vegetable and a fruit. The rest can get pretty whimsical.
     Another version: the available foods would be quite different for a battlefield meal, since the scouts can buy (or steal) fresh items. What would you include in that bag?

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS