[Sca-cooks] OT] Looking for help in Fla

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Jun 29 15:55:27 PDT 2010

Actually it was the Obama administration and BP who turned down the Dutch
offer which was on day 3 of the disaster. By the time the administration
decided (day 48?) to use the Dutch skimmer, it is said that it was in use
elsewhere.
The problem with the administration is that there isn't anything really in
place for this kind of disaster. The US has roughly 2,000 oil skimmers and
only 20 are currently being used. Florida had to rent 5 more.
Both Gov. and BP are fumbling and dropping the ball. Let's just hope they
get their act together before there is no hope of recovery.

De