[Sca-cooks] Real Cubebs?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Jun 9 21:31:15 PDT 2010

Possibly Piper guineense, West African Pepper or Guinea Pepper AKA False
Cubeb.  To quote Wikipedia, "prolate-elliptically shaped, smaller and
smoother than Cubeb pepper in appearance and generally bear a reddish
tinge."  The taste is milder and less bitter than cubeb and it is commonly
used as a substitute for cubeb.

Bear

,