[Sca-cooks] The Food From Our Land

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 15:35:17 PDT 2010

To Re: Non-SCA food passions? Freyja replied:
> Fresh blackberries and peaches from the property.

My mother and our maid were veterans of vegetable gardens, like those in
the USA during World War II, which they abandoned but every summer the
one thing we had in over abundance on our land was: blueberries. We had
blueberry pies, blueberry muffins, you name every thing we ate had
blueberries in it. We even had blueberry soup. In another place were we
lived we had plums and pecans, more pecans and plums. We even had a dog
who adored plums that could jump higher than his fence in the yard to
shake the branches. Still in another home, we had peaches, peaches and
cream, peach shortcake, peaches in pork, peach muffins, peaches, peaches
and sugar and more peaches. We had so many peaches, Mother bought a
freezer so we could have them 12 months of year and still had plenty to
just give away!