[Sca-cooks] Looking for help in Fla

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:04:55 PDT 2010

I agree with your concerns...it has been proven over and over again that BP
is lying to us, to the people in the affected areas and to the government.
And, IMHO, they are playing obstructionist in the cleanup and in the rescue
of wildlife affected by the spill.  I actually believe that criminal charges
should be brought against these people for murder...the 11 lives that were
lost when the rig exploded, plus the "murder" of a way of life on the Gulf
coast and amongst its wildlife.

Kiri

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Terry Decker <t.d.decker at att.net> wrote:

> It is my understanding (which may be incorrect) that there is a specific
> waiver process  whereby the Prfesident may waive parts of the Act, but that
> it requires a number of Boards and Commissions to affirm that such a waiver
> does not affect their sections of the U.S. Code.  The law doesn't cause much
> problem with deep water operations and the inshore clean up is probably best
> handled by locals.
>
> What concerns me is inshore containment methods (boom, etc.) do not appear
> to have constant tending.  That and some of the reported problems with beach
> cleaning, suggest to me that much of BP's effort is for show rather than
> effect.  Hurricane season will add its own ugly dimension and we are likely
> to see oil on Texas beaches.
>
> I wonder if I can drill for oil on the lot in Ocean Springs, Mississippi?
>
> Bear

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince