[Sca-cooks] Meats to go with Mustard....

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 7 14:35:15 PDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Drucilla Meany-Herbert wrote:

> Adamantius,
> Interesting, will have to do more research about that. Bought some summer sausage and tasted it. It was ok but just ok. The idea of salted meats is a bit more appealing however I am concerned about the aspect even then of it not being refrigerated. I think I will have to experiment with that another time and study the links that you provided. The idea of salted fish with mustard makes me shudder but....

It may make you shudder, but a honey-mustard with dill sauce is a classic accompaniment for gravlax, which is a salt-cured salmon, and various mustard-flavored sauces are often served with salt cod. Also common in various herring and sardine dishes.

I think Johnnae provided the links...

A.

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter