[Sca-cooks] Meats to go with Mustard....

Drucilla Meany-Herbert bookshop at charter.net
Mon Jun 7 12:31:54 PDT 2010

Adamantius,
Interesting, will have to do more research about that. Bought some
summer sausage and tasted it. It was ok but just ok. The idea of salted
meats is a bit more appealing however I am concerned about the aspect
even then of it not being refrigerated. I think I will have to
experiment with that another time and study the links that you provided.
The idea of salted fish with mustard makes me shudder but....

Stefan,
The meats would be unrefrigerated for a week. The more I think about it,
the more concerned I am about safety issues. The Roundtable I am hosting
for Mustards at Pennsic is the first one I have hosted/taught ever.  I
have however, made mustard for large groups several times over the
years. At the Roundtable, I am hoping that there will be others that
will also want to bring mustards of their making for all to sample. But
am preparing for the actuality of the situation in which folks forget,
aren't able, or don't want to do so. Your comments about smoked meats
have given me pause. I do know that it wouldn't be inexpensive and was
willing to deal with that. However, not being positive about certain
safety issues has given me something to think about. Thanks for the
links..will do more investigating of this and if this class is
succesful, maybe next year will have meats.

Margaret...Thanks for the idea!!! I have no idea why I didn't think of
that...and there is a pretzel recipe I want to try....for pretzel bites :)

Gwyneth
The Haunted Bookshop