[Sca-cooks] 14th century catalan?

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 12:30:43 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Also mentioned in  Cuina medieval catalana: història, dietètica i cuina
>  By Eliana Thibaut i Comalada (Valls, Tarragona : Cossetània Edicions, 2006.
> 382 p. )
> (I really wish someone would publish her books in English.)

Cuina medieval catalana has a partial preview in Google Books, so I
was able to look at her mention of the 1331 text.  She quotes Grewe
(from his introduction to Libre de Sent Sovi) as saying that it's not
a book of recipes, but a collection of instructions concerning the
foodstuffs and the meals served throughout the year to the canons,
monks, friars, etc. belonging to the See of Tarragona.

Brighid ni Chiarain