[Sca-cooks] Here we go again- that old rotten meat myth

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Mar 17 14:59:49 PDT 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Raphaella DiContini wrote:

>> I also noted a relative lack of serious attempt to find
>> explanations for the phenomenon being reported upon. Yes,
>> the group is having trouble keeping up its membership among
>> a given population base. I believe there's more to this than
>> that we suck, are mean authenticity police, and can't cook.
>> Don't you?
>>
>> Adamantius
>
> In my experience Universtity based groups often have fluctuating
> membership as it logically will ebb and flow as new students come and
> go.
> As a result they are often part of a bigger group but you rarely find
> members attending the college in once place for 10-20 years as they will
> often graduate or move on to the next level of their academic career
> elsewhere. That's not to say the it in anyway means that the group is
> set upon be meanie heads bent upon historical food poisoning, it's just
> the nature of that type of group.
>
> In joyous service,
> Raffaella

The student group at the University of Minnesota is only just now finding
some new blood after a long spate of no interest, and the baronial canton
made up of St. Olaf and Carleton has gone into abeyance because in two
liberal arts college there are apparently no students interested in the
SCA. I think the lack of interest in the college-age population may be a
widespread phenomenon.

YIS,

Margaret FitzWilliam