[Sca-cooks] Here we go again- that old rotten meat myth

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Mar 17 15:08:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:59:49 -0500 (CDT)
  "Pixel, Goddess and Queen" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com>
wrote:

> The student group at the University of Minnesota is only
>just now finding some new blood after a long spate of no
>interest, and the baronial canton made up of St. Olaf and
>Carleton has gone into abeyance because in two liberal
>arts college there are apparently no students interested
>in the SCA. I think the lack of interest in the
>college-age population may be a widespread phenomenon.

The College of Blaiddwyn at UNM is in one of those
'ungrowth' spates... just enough attending to cover the
offices with one or two left over as actual students.
 However, there are a ton of 'friends of blaiddwyn' who
hang out with the College, who once were students in the
College, and the requisite faculty/staff advisor.

When I first joined Blaiddwyn, lo these 15 yrs ago,
neither I nor my husband were students or employees, we
just liked the atmosphere and family feel.  It was big on
students then, maybe 20/25, many of whom have gone on to
peerages.

Ebb and flow, come and go... but there has always been a
Blaiddwyn in some form for the last 15 years.

Cailte
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Coordinator, Student Admissions
University of New Mexico