[Sca-cooks] Pomegranate seeds

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Thu Mar 18 11:59:40 PDT 2010

Hello, all

again I am  working through a backlog of a month worth of digests, so some
of my posts are a bit late in coming,...

Yes as garnish it is a quitre spectacular, sauces are good and tasty (never
take the juice from bottles, at least not the ones you get in middle eastern
shops, taste and colour won't come out right)

Just last month the cooking magazin of a (mostly) food chain store in
Austria had a whole set of recipes with fresh Pomegranate seeds.

 Including Chicken with pomegrante sauce, Pannacotta with pomegrante sauce
(we hat that for my birthday dinner dessert, btw  delicious but quite messy
to make), and a couple more.

All dishes where photographed in a beautiful setting: aranged like 16th
century still-live pictures with all the nice table ware etc. and real still
live in the background.

So the pomegrante is back!!! btw it is also said to be a very healthy fruit
(like Cranberry it does have lot of polyphenols)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomegranate

Katharina