[Sca-cooks] Freezing almond milk?

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Mar 1 12:57:15 PST 2010

>Does freezing fresh almond milk cause any weird reactions? Does it
>separate or affect the flavor?
>
>I am planning for my cooking entry at Gulf Wars and one of the
>ingredients is fresh almond milk. I am a bit daunted by the idea of
>making fresh almond milk on site.

When I made almond milk for a feast, the leftover milk was no good
the next morning.  I've heard that freezing works, but can you keep
it frozen until you need  it? I'd make a small batch and test.

Under the circumstances, you might try testing the recipe with shelf
stable packaged, unsweetened almond milk.

Ranvaig