[Sca-cooks] Here we go again- that old rotten meat myth

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Mar 17 13:20:48 PDT 2010

I think you guys better reread that article gain, and release your
knee jerk reactions to the rotten meat myth.

It is quite apparent that the author is relying on what the people
s/he met said about  Nazis and spices and rotten meat. Obviously,
whoever was talking to the media ought to have their mouth duct taped
shut, but there's no reason to blame the reporter for writing up and
printing whatever they were told.

If you note, the reporter has been told that:

1. College students are no longer supporting the SCA at the U.
2. Someone cooked a feast using rotten meat like they did in the MA.
3. People who work towards greater authenticity are Nazis.
4. Only one person showed up for the sewing session.

What are the odds that these three things are related? That, for
example, the reporter only talked to the person who showed up for the
sewing, who was so negative regarding 1, 2  and 3, and possibly
several other things, that no one wants to show up for the sewing
activities, and possibly anything else?

--
Saint Phlip

So, you think your data is safe?