[Sca-cooks] Here we go again- that old rotten meat myth

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Wed Mar 17 16:08:42 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
snip
Frankly, I didn't think the story was as bad as everyone seems to think it
is; I know it pushes a hot button, and one that ought to be corrected, but
really -- it does present some good points, too. I loved the closing
paragraph:

While there are those who take the society perhaps a bit too seriously, the
SCA accommodates varying levels of commitment. Like Ridgwell, Alex Carter,
president of the University's SCA chapter, likes to keep the SCA as a side
activity. "I really enjoy the flexibility," he says. "Learn a dance here
and there, make a costume, have some food. It's what you want it to be."
The SCA's appeal is not so much the complete transformation of life into a
24/7 Renaissance fair, but rather the opportunity it provides to "relax,
explore, and escape a lot of stress."

snip

toodles, margaret>>>

Which part of the article do you think people who are not in the SCA are
going to remember more, Alex Carter's statement or the meat poisoning?

De