[Sca-cooks] Irish Soda Bread

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:13:07 PDT 2010

Yesterday I made a recipe from a recent Bon Appetit article.  The picture of the baker (Mrs. O'Callaghan) looked JUST LIKE my maternal grandmother, Maud Cochran.  I am one quarter Irish.  The dough was sticky (50/50 white/whole wheat flour with a touch of brown sugar) and the bread was very moist and delightful.   And never having buttermilk around, I used the substitution of 50/50 milk/yogurt.

So, is TRUE Irish Soda Bread moist or dry?

Katira