[Sca-cooks] Charcuterie

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 21:40:44 PST 2010

I've developed an interest in charcuterie since learning to make sausage as

my Laurel master-work project. I also developed a real love of it after

eating in a fabulous restaurant in Dallas where the chef has become infatuated

with it. Having sausage, pate', liver mousse, terrine and other wonderful

dishes convinced me I needed to learn.

Well, my birthday is this weekend and Elizabeth got me "Charcuterie, The Craft

of Salting, Smoking & Curing" by Michael Ruhlman & Brian Poleyn.

I have just started going through it and I already love it. Now I need a smoker

so I can start making my own bacon, hams and sausage. There are also sections

on fresh sausage, terrines, pate's and confits.

Happy and Productive Gunthar