[Sca-cooks] Seeking source of vaguely remembered quotation...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 19 06:32:01 PDT 2010

Hullo, the list!

Somewhere in the back of my senility-riddled brain I'm remembering a quote from a medieval text, possibly a play or other satirical piece, or maybe just a letter that has survived.

In it, the author speaks of the luxurious nature of seafood and freshwater fish shipped in vivaria, imported from various coastal towns on ice, etc., and the wines to go with them, and concludes that he cannot afford the austerity of Lent.

Is this ringing a bell for anybody? Info, please, if any...

Many thanks!

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter