[Sca-cooks] shrimp

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 2 01:05:23 PDT 2010

 yaini0625 at yahoo.com wrote:
<<< Sadly, with the huge oil slick coming closer to the
Texas and Louisiana shores oyster and shrimp farmers are
going to be hit hard. >>>

Well, the potential for a problem seems to vary quite a lot depending upon who is doing the speaking. It does look like Texas may not be affected that much. By the time the oil gets here, much of the most damaging elements, the lighter volatiles will have boiled off and much of the rest will have solidified.

Cailte said:
<<< yes, i said to the autocrat this a.m. that his feast
coordinator may have to pull the shrimp off of the Roman
feast menu.  >sigh<   i was so looking forward to that
dish. >>>

I'm assuming that you are the feast coordinator? So, what recipe/redaction did you have in mind for your shrimp?

Still not sure how you are supposed to eat the lightly fried shrimp in their shells with their heads still on, that show up in various Asian buffets around here. Since they're breaded, I assume you don't shell them, but...  I have tried shelling them. Rather messy. But not sure if eating the shells is okay, although they seem to be softer than when simply boiled.  There's this texture thing though...

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com