[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [Lochac] Renaissance Festival Books

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue May 4 03:44:28 PDT 2010

I've mentioned the books in the past. (Also there are a number up at
the web archive.)
Back in 2006

Continuing along where I left off last evening, you might like
this online source from the British Library.

Treasures in Full. Renaissance Festival Books.
'Read Renaissance and Early Modern festival books on your desktop now

View 253 digitised Renaissance festival books (selected from over 2,000
in the British Library's collection) that describe the magnificent
festivals and ceremonies that took place in Europe between 1475 and 1700
- marriages and funerals of royalty and nobility, coronations, stately
entries into cities and other grand events."

http://www.bl.uk/treasures/festivalbooks/homepage.html

What is a festival book?
http://www.bl.uk/treasures/festivalbooks/basics.html

Examples-- http://www.bl.uk/treasures/festivalbooks/italy.html