[Sca-cooks] Rose Water vs. Damask Water

aeduin aeduin at roadrunner.com
Sun May 9 12:52:31 PDT 2010

Googling damask water -bottle, to get rid of the fancy printed water
bottles, just leads me to think that damask water is a subset of rose
water made from Damascus roses.  Kind of like saying red wine or
pinot noir.  Though why they would call for both in one recipe I don't know.

It isn't mentioned in Davidson or in Wright's A Mediterranean feast.

aeduin

At 12:13 PM 5/9/2010, you wrote:
>Greetings!  A question was posted to our kingdom's cookery list
>about the difference between rose water and damask water.  Both are
>called for in Partridge's Treasurie of Commodious Conceits,
>1591.  Since both are called for, there must be a difference.  Does
>anyone know what it would be?

Snip for space