[Sca-cooks] First loaves of bread

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu May 27 05:59:46 PDT 2010

> Thanks for the good word.  Now that I've made a too-harsh loaf, and a
> too-crumbly loaf, and a too-big-but-otherwise-delicious loaf, it's time
> for
> more fiddling.  Maybe with nuts!  I have some unsalted
> pistachios....hmmm....what spices to add, I wonder?  Paprika?  garlic
> powder?  dill?  my italian seasoning mix?  hmmmmm....time to break out the
> mortar and pestle and grind some nuts...
>
> --
> Ian of Oertha

Flushed with success, ehhh?

Personally, I would recommend making basic bread a few more times until you
can consistently produce the loaf you want.  Then do the same for a sweet
dough.  If you can consistently produce the bread you want, then you can be
fairly certain any errors you make will be in the additions.

Pistachios?  Crush coarsely, and add to craisins and cardamom in a lightly
sweetened brioche.  Paprika, garlic and dill would likely mask the flavor of
the pistachios.

Bear