[Sca-cooks] made my first loaf of bread

Marjan English english_marjan at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 18:25:55 PDT 2010

Hello Ian,

I watched an episode of Michael Smith's cooking show the other day, and he had a great recipe for bread that you don't need to knead (no pun intended).  It looked very easy to do, and he made two different loaves with the same recipe.  One was whole wheat.  He also said to try to introduce some moisture into the oven while baking to get a nice crispy crust.

I prefer whole wheat bread because my mother used to grind her own grain, so we got truly wholewheat bread.  A trick she taught me was to add some lemon juice to darker and wholewheat loaves to get them to rise better and not be so dense.

 Here's the URL.  Hope it helps you.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Side/Rice-Grain/recipe.html?dishid=9530

Myrrim