[Sca-cooks] I must be noci, I mean nuts

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat May 29 07:46:13 PDT 2010

On May 29, 2010, at 5:06 AM, Antonia Calvo wrote:

> So, here's my slightly crazy project.  I'm translating my way through Book IV of Bartolomeo Scappi's Opera (the part not translated in the recent English edition translated by Terence Scully).  This may take some time, since my Italian is rudimentary and I'm working out some of the finer points as I go.  If you're interested in following the project, here's my project blog.
>
> http://libroquarto.wordpress.com

While "credenza" is still in use today, even in English, contemporary English menus would probably have called these preset courses "from the sideboard", no?

Adamantius (who loves a good sideboard)

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter