[Sca-cooks] Introduction

Dana Kramer-Rolls danadkr at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 09:53:58 PDT 2010

 Maythen Gervaise, Duchess Hoghton here. Since I used my mundane name to
register, I thought it might be nice to identify myself.  I have been a
cook, herbalist, and gardener, for more years than I care to say.  And I
have a scholarly background and interest in foodways and folklore, wearing
my PhD hood, for the moment.  When I started SCA cooking, there were few
resources, no internet, and academic interlibrary loans were pretty hit and
miss. Since my focus was and is fighting, I haven't made much of my
feastocrating and cooking experience, except to do it. And then there was
the hiatus when I finished my doctorate. But at age 70, although I still
creak into armor, I thought it time catch up on the current knowledge of
period cooking, and share what I might have picked up along the way.  This
should be fun.

 In Service,

Sir Maythen