[Sca-cooks] Mead or honey water syrup?

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:06:22 PDT 2010

Alcohol was permitted during the Omeya rule in Al-Andalus. During this
time you have the beginning of sherry production in Jerez. When the
Berbers took over wine was "prohibited" but under the light of the moon
it was consumed.
Toying around with my blog today, I became aware that I do not know what
pellitory has to do with this honey-water. Our English Mrs. Glasse uses
yeast and lets it ferment 2-4 months. In the Spanish version pellitory
is added instead of yeast and it is drunk immediately.
Perhaps Perry is correct in translating this as "honey water" and I am
incorrect calling it mead?
Suey