[Sca-cooks] OT but need some help

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 14 12:58:37 PST 2010

Was written:

Replacements.com will purchase them...but, having asked them about my
sterling flatware (I don't really have enough to use for anything, and, like
you, could use the money), they don't really offer a lot.  In this economy,
you may not get a lot for them anyway.  If you put them on eBay, you can put
a minimum bid on them, guaranteeing that you'll get close to what
Replacements, Ltd would pay....

Well at 26.04 an ounce no one should settle for anything less than a
reasonable "meltdown price" for silver flatware.  Gold is over $1,400 an
ounce last I checked so if you have any scrap gold or even some pieces you
don't mind parting with you could raise some money that way.  Just be real
picky, check local prices and deal "mano o mano" with a pawn dealer or
jeweler.   Don't fall for the "put it in our pouch and mail it to us"
rip-off.   Get top dollar.

Daniel