[Sca-cooks] Order of ingredients

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 08:09:30 PST 2010

I always read recipes through to make sure i have all the ingredients.

And i always read recipes through to see if there is any required
prep work before beginning. By prep work before beginning, i will
illustrate: While some recipes ask for an onion, then somewhere in
the recipe it says to chop the onion; others ask for a certain amount
of already chopped onion, so the cook needs to prep the onion before
beginning. I dont mind this, since i do read the recipe before
cooking. But it represents one variation among recipes.

I do prefer that the ingredients are listed both in the order in
which they are used in a recipe, and that when an ingredient is used
more than once, then it is listed with the quantity used each time.

Further, if an ingredient is used only once in a recipe, there is no
need to mention the amount in the recipe. But if an ingredient is
used more than once, and if each quantity is listed separately among
the ingredients, it is still helpful to mention the quantity within
the recipe to avoid errors.
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim