[Sca-cooks] Order of ingredients

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Wed Nov 17 02:33:27 PST 2010

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:16:07 -0700
From: Susan Lin <susanrlin at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Order of ingredients

Putting the ingredients in a list in the order they appear in the recipe is
my preference.  The one thing I truly hate is when a recipes says something
like:  2 cups onions, divided.  It makes me crazy because invariably I dump
all 2 cups in without realizing I needed to reserve 1/2 a cup for later in
the recipe.  I'd prefer if the recipe calls for 1 1 /2 cups at the beginning
and 1/2 cup at the end for the ingredient to be listed twice.  I may be
alone in this but it is my preference.

Shoshana

Not me. My most common use for ingredient quantities is working out how much
I need to buy, and if the quantities are split I might miss counting the
second lot. When it comes to doing the actual cooking it doesn't bother me
to have to split the quantities. But yes, having the ingredients in order of
use is helpful.

Angharad

Message: 9