[Sca-cooks] Another TV-inspired cooking contest

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 17:56:39 PST 2010

HRH Jana of the East has announced a Cake Sculpting contest for coronation.  The theme is "Medieval".  Cakes may be any combination of layers and flavors, with a minimum height of 2 feet and a maximum height of 4 feet.  They must be transported from the work table to the display table intact. There is a "Most Fun" category, as well as a "Historically Accurate" category, for which documentation MUST be provided.

Am I wrong in thinking that there is NO period documentation for doing this sort of thing with anything we would recognize as cake?  In that case, I can only assume the documentation is for what you sculpted it to look like.

I really wish people would quit bringing modern game shows into what is supposed to be a medieval atmosphere.

Brangwayna Morgan