[Sca-cooks] Another TV-inspired cooking contest

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Nov 17 18:46:55 PST 2010

There are yeast raised (ale barm) great cakes. I suppose you could
bake a number of them
and stack them.
There are wafers. Those could be stacked into towers.
Baumkuchen- those spit cakes would be tall enough. Rumpolt has a
recipe for Baumkuchen.
Kransekake would make a tall enough cake. Substitute a period recipe
and bake in the cake rings.. maybe??
How about gingerbread?
I think the question is how sculpted does it have to be? The icing
I've already dated and that article is in the Florilegium.

Johnnae