[Sca-cooks] glace chestnuts

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 21:49:32 PST 2010

Last Monday, Susan Lin commented:
<<< I've even used mine to make glace (pardon the missing accent) chesnuts ( a favorite of my mother). >>>

"glace" is a coating? of candy, sugar? or something else?

What is your recipe? I occasionally see chestnuts in the stores here, usually I think around Yule time. We've talked about roasting them before, but this might give me something else to try on them.

For some of our past discussions:
chestnuts-msg (38K) 8/17/09 Medieval harvesting and use of chestnuts. Roasting. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/chestnuts-msg.html

Thanks,
  Stefan
--------