[Sca-cooks] A Scholar's Lunch

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 17:57:52 PST 2010

Emilio,

I am glad you enjoyed the text. I found it doing a search for one of the Latin terms in a manuscript to which youposted a link earlier - the one on the Salzburg University Library's web site.I am afraid I was hurried in the translation I posted and you are quite right in your comments, particularly concerning "muto." As far as "caricas," the first source I used to look it up gives it as "dried figs." After reading your post, I found another source listing it as a "kind of fig" apparently named for Caria in south-west Asia Minor. This looks to be worth following up.

Yours,

Guillaume