[Sca-cooks] Beaver meat recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 17:22:08 PST 2010

Adelisa de Salernum asked:
<<< Elinor Strangewayes on the East Kingdom list was asking about any existing medieval or Renaissance recipes for beaver meat or beaver tail.

I figured I'd ask here on the list, also out of my own curiousity; the Florilegium doesn't seem to have anything in the meats section. >>>

It doesn't? I sure thought I remembered some discussion at some Pennsic parties about eating beaver or tail. :-)

But then I have to see it in print on an open list in order to incorporate something into the Florilegium.

Thanks to the discussion here, there should be such recipes in the exotic-meats-msg file in the Florilegium shortly.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com