[Sca-cooks] Beaver meat recipes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Nov 23 13:56:55 PST 2010

Beaver tail was classed as a delicacy by trappers in the late 18th and early
19th Centuries.  Modern re-enactors tend to disagree, but the historical
record says they are mistaken.  The number of Renaissance recipes that exist
suggest that it was considered a delacy in Europe until the European
population was nearly made extinct by the beaver hat.

Bear