[Sca-cooks] Beaver meat recipes

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 15:47:32 PST 2010

I found a Russian recipe for beaver, the animal is skinned and cut in
pieces, they marinate the meat for one day with beer and onions and they
make a stew with it, with onions, selleri, carrots and turnips.
They call it a delicacy.
Ana

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Sarah O'Connor <strangewayes at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm the person who's been asking all over the place. I've actually never
> eaten the tail, just the meat itself. It's a red meat, kinda like beef, but
> it can be pretty strongly flavored depending on what the beaver's been
> eating. Fortunately, the ones I'm trapping now are adjoining a farmer's
> cornfield, so these are perfect.
>
> I think the answer to the preference for tail is (as stated above) that it
> was a highly caloric red meat that was ecclesiastically legal for Lent.
>
> ~Elinor

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci